MedGizmo PEMF Series: Part III Consumer in the Market Place
In our second post we discussed pros & cons of PEMF technology. Here we take a look at consumers in the PEMF marketplace.
2. Review of 30+ machines that use either PEMF Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field Frequencies Stimulation Therapy
To the best of our knowledge, the PEMF devices market is rather fragmented with only a couple of large vendors with virtually no market research reports generally available for public consumption. So, it's not an easy task to find detailed information about availability and pricing. In general, the PEMF market omits detailed pricing information which makes it very difficult to find cost information for buying such items.
Tiziano Marovino, DPT, MPH, DAAPM, Regional Director of ATI Physical Therapy—Michigan, published a document: 10 Must Have Devices for Your Practice - a review of the most popular electromagnetic devices, from the ease of use to patient satisfaction.
“Patient adherence and compliance with rehabilitation devices usually are tied into several factors, including perceived value/benefit, costs, side effects, and time/duration of treatment. PEMF scores high in this category because treatments are delivered efficiently in a streamlined manner and normally do not have significant adverse effects that might potentially scare off a patient.”
While the above mentioned document looks more like a scholarly paper, the following document is a more practical approach: 2015 Buyer's Guide to PEMF - Healthy Spaces
Among other useful purchasing issues, we want to mention the following.
- Why you need a Reputable, Progressive and Well Established PEMF Company?
- Does the device produce earth-based frequencies?
- Does the device contain a built-in Biorhythm Clock?
- Is the device durable and Safe?
- Does the Unit Actually Produce PURE Pulsating Magnetic Fields?
- Do the Applicators Use the NASA Proven Square-Wave?
When talking about PEMF devices, the issue of pricing varies greatly. Please look at the following illustration on ElectroMeds:
Michel Gareau, CD, published Centurion slides natural healing of pemf Please view the comparative table below.
- UNDERSTANDING PEMF ENEGRY MEDICINE by Curatronic. A good book, that, among other, describes PEMF applications by NASA and Russian Space Agency
- PEMF Therapy for Depression and Anxiety by Yelena Pukhovitskaya
- Development of Low Cost Microcontroller based Pulse ElectroMagnetic Pulse Therapy System for Pain relief and Bone Healing, Joyanta Kumar Roy, Joydeep Roy
Image by MedGizmo