MedGizmo Brain Wearables & Apps Update July 2016
MedGizmo produced earlier overviews on wearable technology applied to brain and mental health:
- MedGizmo: Brain Wearables and Applications (Part I)
- MedGizmo: Brain Wearables and Applications (Part II)
- MedGizmo: Brain Wearables and Applications (Part III)
- Mental Health Wearables – Medgizmo Overview
- Connecting Brain to Tablet—a Relief to Paralyzed Patients
- MedGizmo Brain Wearables & Apps Update May 2016
Here is a chronological list of notable news reports in the last two months:
- Psychotherapy video chats may help with ‘chemo brain.'
- App Tech for special needs for kids with cerebral palsy
- ClickGo software launched to help people living with dementia
- Migraine Photophobia Gets Green Light
- Unicorn Wearable Uses Neuroscience to Help Kids
- Best Mind & Brain Android Apps of 2016
- Mindset using wearables for stress management
- Controlling Memories with Ultrasound
- Scientist can hack your dreams
- Sleep is no longer a relaxing activity – it is industry
- Qualcomm: Taking Artificial Intelligence To New Level
- Hacking Brain with Smart Drugs
- Neuroscience-based tech may one day replace PCs and phones
- Neurofeedback & pain management
- Brainwaves – A New Type of Fingerprint
- Can new wearable detect depression
- A Neuroscientific approach to UX Design for Wearables
- Inteliclinic Neuroon sleep masks will be offered by Lufthansa
- Neurohacker’s Toolbox: Nootropics
- A technical guide to tDCS & related non-invasive brain stimulation tools
- Video: 2016 Brain Health Fair
- Could device tell your brain to make healthy choices
- Wearable Devices for Mental Health: Knowns and Unknowns
- Neurotechnology To Unlock Human Potential
- Digital psychological disconnect
- Sonde Health uses vocal biomarkers to diagnose mental & physical conditions
- Wearables work against Parkinson’s disease
- Here’s why it’s hard for wearables to actually track your stress
- in-Ear EEG Makes Unobtrusive Brain Hacking Gadgets a Real Possibility
- Dreem headband monitors brain activity to help you sleep
- AI may Aid in Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Mind-reading system that can read people’s thoughts
- Next generation wearables come to emotional rescue of fragile humans
- Hack the Senses hackathon in London
- Next Gen Wearables Liberate & Master Mind
- XEED -A Parkinson’s Wearable By UPenn’s Students
FlintFit – Stroke Rehab on Your Computer
Video-based home exercise program for rehab - therapy program that lets you exercise with a licensed therapist without ever leaving your home. Follow along with high-quality exercise videos led by our team of experienced professional therapists. FlintFit also lets you set goals, track your progress, and create custom therapy sessions.
Focus 1 Wearable Brain Efficiency Enhancer
The world’s first medical-grade wearable brain efficiency enhancer. With the most advanced technology, Focus 1 accurately detects brainwave, visualizes the brain activity, trains the brain efficiency with neurofeedback training and tracks the improvement. Portable, effective and enjoyable. Utilizes neurofeedback training, a method that has been used from the year 1995 to treat ADHD and has been proved to be much more effective than medicines with no side effect.
The technology-based solution for relief from nausea and vomiting. Applies customized frequencies and magnetics towards relieving motion sickness symptoms in diverse travel environments. Alleviates symptoms of motion sickness by targeting the 3 central pathways in the body and brain responsible for inducing symptoms such as nausea, dizziness, and weakness. Positioned comfortably around the neck to enable the relief of motion sickness symptoms through both pulsation technology and magnetics. A unique series of pulses are transmitted to the brain through both the median nerve at the back of the neck and the inner ear’s vestibular system.
Headspace for Kids
Emma Wearable for Alzheimer's Patients
A family of products that aims to help people suffering from Alzheimer's maintains their independence and dignity throughout the progression of the disease. Uses EEG brain sensors to read brainwaves and sense confusion. Transparent AR display shows information in context to the user’s surroundings using graphic overlays. Emma speaks to the Alzheimer’s patient through bone conduction speakers. This allows the user to listen to Emma while still being able to hear their surroundings. Emma speaks to the Alzheimer's patient through the speakers in the bracelet when the patient is not wearing the glasses. The bracelet has RFID sensors that can scan medications and other things around the house.
Guided Meditation VR
Experience a relaxing virtual reality vacation wherever your heart desires. Virtual reality relaxation app where you can rest in exotic locations across the universe.
Improves focus, sleep, stress, & more, combining ancient traditions and modern technology. Contains an electromagnetic coil, allowing it to emit extra-low frequency electromagnetic pulses complementary to the brainwaves your body already produces. Emits pulses from 0.2Hz up to 19 Hz—nothing beyond the natural rhythm of the mind. FDA Approved technology is known as Pulsed Electromagnetic Stimulation (PEMS) has nearly 50 years of medical/neurological applications and scientifically-proven health benefits, with its origins dating back to ancient times
The Pip Stress Management
The Pip: 5 minutes with PIP helps train your mind to ease away everyday stress. The PIP is a biosensor + iOS/Android Apps. Pip - a device that helps you learn to better manage stress. It allows you to see your stress levels, connecting your emotions with innovative apps, teaching you not only how to recognize stress, but to learn to control your reaction to it.
Sleepman Sleep Enhancement & Fatigue Alert Device
Designed to help you get the most out of your night’s sleep or a short nap. Also one of a kind doze off alert device. Sleep better, wake up energized, fight insomnia & daytime drowsiness, and never doze-off while driving. Monitors your brain activity through Electro-Dermal Activity (EDA) sensors on your wrist – the information it collects are your brain’s unique bio-signals.
Zen Meditation Master
A headband for peace of mind - Meditation Master is a lightweight, Bluetooth/WI-FI-enabled headband that safely tracks and measures brain activity. Uses noninvasive techniques to detect brainwave signals and provide you with personalized stimuli — gentle pulses of light, sound, or vibrations— to help you shift your focus and help your brainwaves change into a more relaxed, or “meditative” state, helping you stress less, focus more, and sleep better.
Psious Platform – Virtual Reality Technology For Psychology
Benefits of VR through your own smartphone and 3D goggles, with no need for costly or complex equipment investments. Easy to use and does not require professional installation or technical expertise. The platform offers hyper realistic virtual environments, as well as resources based on other immersive technologies such as 3D and 360-degree videos. Each scenario is designed, supervised, and tested by psychologists to ensure its functionality and robustness in the context of exposure therapy.
Melon EEG (Brain-Monitoring) Headband.
United Sciences Aware Bluetooth Headphone
With embedded biometric sensors that measure brainwaves (alpha, beta, and delta), heart rate, steps, distance traveled, calories burned, all accessible through a smartphone. Aware hearable can track brainwaves through EEG and provide real-time feedback about focus, stress, sleep patterns, relaxation. This enhanced awareness may help users increase focus, lower stress levels, understand their sleep patterns, and help guide them to be more mindful. 3D printed.
EMPpad OmniBrain Sound Relaxation System
Melts away stress, improves oxygen circulation to your brain, deepen your ability to enjoy relaxing, restorative sleep, and naturally improve emotional balance without drugs or side effects. These benefits are achieved through a process called Brain Wave Entrainment. Technology is widely used in modern medicine as well as in professional sports and as a very effective, supportive learning tool. EMPpad OmniBrain goggles are made of suede-leather and are very comfortable to wear. They feature built-in high-end earphones to deliver the tone and music stimulus as well as a flexible PCB with RGB-LED’s to create the desired light and color frequencies.
This concludes our Overview. We encourage readers to follow out daily MedGizmo Twitter Feed @MedGizmo; Instagram Feed @MedGizmo where we provide daily updates on wearable technology, as well our Education Technology Twitter Feed @MedGizmo_ed
Image by www.freepik.com